Last updated August 15, 2021
Collection of Information
Information You Provide to Us
We collect information when you register for an account, communicate with us via social media sites, request customer support, or otherwise communicate with us. The information you may provide includes your name, email, phone number, password, moods, feelings, support system names, phone numbers and emails and feedback on action steps. Some users also provide mood-related information in connection with providing feedback or other messages to us, and we process that information consistent with the purpose for which it was provided.
Other Information About Your Use of the Services
When you use our Services, we collect the following information about you:
- Usage Information: Whenever you use our Services, we collect usage information, such as the moods or feelings you enter and the actions steps you use and other similar types of usage information.
- Log Information: We collect standard log files when you use our Services, which include the type of web browser you use, app version, access times and dates, pages viewed and your IP address.
- Device Information: We may collect information about the computer or mobile device you use to access our Services, including the hardware model, operating system and version, device identifiers set by your device operating system, and mobile network information (like your connection type, carrier and region).
- Information we Generate: We generate some information about you based on other information we have collected. For example, like most platforms, we use your IP address to derive the approximate location of your device.
Information We Collect from Other Sources
We may obtain information about you from other sources, including transaction information from third-party app stores you use to install our app or purchase a subscription.
Use of Information
We use the information we collect to:
- Provide, maintain and improve our website and mobile application, including debugging to identify and repair errors and to improve our Services;
- Send you customer service responses and other notifications;
- Send notifications about your mood and feelings, with your permission, to the supporters whose names, emails or phone numbers you give us.
- Communicate with you about other services offered by Neuraboot and request feedback;
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage, and activities in connection with our Services;
- Detect, investigate and prevent fraudulent transactions and other illegal activities and protect the rights and property of NeuraBoot, including to enforce our agreements and policies.
- Comply with the law, such as by processing transactional records for tax filings and other compliance activities;
Sharing of Information
- With companies and contractors that perform services for us, including email service providers, message notification services, payment processors, fraud prevention vendors and other service providers;
- In response to a request for information if we believe disclosure is in accordance with, or required by, any applicable law or legal process, including court order, subpoena, or other lawful requests by public authorities to meet national security or law enforcement requirements;
- If we believe your actions are inconsistent with our user agreements or policies, if we believe you have violated the law, or to protect the rights, property, and safety of NeuraBoot or others;
Advertising and Analytics Services Provided by Others
NeuraBoot is based in the United States and processes information in the United States, which may not provide equivalent levels of data protection as your home jurisdiction.
You may update certain account information you provide to us (such as your password, name and email address) by logging into your account or contacting us through our Help Center at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you wish to disable your account, please contact us at email@example.com. We may retain certain information when required or permitted by law.
You may opt out of receiving promotional emails from NeuraBoot by following the instructions in the emails.
Mobile Push Notifications/Alerts
With your consent, we send promotional and other push notifications to your mobile device. You can deactivate these messages at any time by changing the notification settings on your mobile device.
Information for Individuals in Switzerland, UK and the EEA
The sections below apply to you if you use our Services while in Switzerland, the United Kingdom or the European Economic Area (collectively, “Europe”).
Legal Basis for Processing
When we process your personal data we will only do so in the following situations:
- As necessary to perform our responsibilities under our contract with you (like processing payments and providing the products or services you have requested);
- When we have a legitimate interest in processing your personal data, including to communicate with you about changes to our Services, to help secure and improve our Services (including to prevent fraud) and to analyze use of our Services;
- As necessary to comply with our legal obligations; and
- When we have your consent to do so.
We retain personal data for no longer than is necessary for the purposes for which it is processed, unless applicable law requires storage for a longer period of time.
Data Subject Requests
Subject to certain limits and conditions provided under law, you have the following rights:
- You have the right to access personal data we hold about you and to ask that your personal data be corrected, erased, or made available in a portable form.
- You also have the right to object to certain processing (like receiving direct marketing), or request that we restrict processing in certain circumstances (like to retain but not further process pending resolution of a claim).
- When we ask for your consent, you may withdraw that consent at any time.
- You have the right to file a complaint regarding our data protection practices with a supervisory authority. Please see this directory for contact details: https://edpb.europa.eu/about-edpb/board/members_en. If you are in Switzerland, please visit this FDPIC site for contact details: https://www.edoeb.admin.ch/edoeb/en/home/the-fdpic/contact.html. If you are in the United Kingdom, please see this site for contact details: https://ico.org.uk/global/contact-us/.
If you would like to exercise any of these rights and can’t do so directly via the Services or your device, you may contact us as indicated below.
Information for California Residents
This section provides additional disclosures required by the California Consumer Privacy Act (or “CCPA”).
We have not collected personal information about California consumers in the last 12 months.
Categories of personal information we may collect in the future.
Identifiers , such as your name, phone number, email address, social media name and unique identifiers (like IP address) tied to your browser or device. Internet or other electronic network activity, such as browsing behavior and information about your usage and interactions with our Services. Other personal information you provide , including opinions, moods, feelings or views contained in product reviews, surveys, or communications.
Business or commercial purposes for which we may use your information
Performing or providing our services, such as to maintain accounts, provide customer service, process orders and transactions, and verify customer information. Improving and maintaining our Services, such as improving our Services. Debugging , such as to identify and repair errors and other functionality issues. Communicate with you about marketing and other relationship or transactional messages. Analyze usage , such as by monitoring trends and activities in connection with use of our Services. Legal reasons, such as to help detect and protect against security incidents, or other malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity.
Parties with whom information may be shared
Companies that provide services to us , such as those that assist us with customer support, subscription and order fulfillment, advertising measurement, communications and surveys, data analytics, fraud prevention, cloud storage, bug fix management and logging, and payment processing. Third parties with whom you consent to sharing your information , such as with social media services. Our advertisers and marketing partners, such as partners that help determine the popularity of content, deliver advertising and content targeted to your interests, and assist in better understanding your online activity. Government entities or other third parties for legal reasons, such as to comply with law.
Subject to certain limitations and exceptions, the CCPA provides California consumers the right to request to know more details about the categories and specific pieces of personal information, to delete their personal information, to opt out of any “sales” that may be occurring, and to not be discriminated against for exercising these rights.
We do not “sell” the personal information we collect (and will not sell it in the future without providing a right to opt out).
California consumers may make a rights request by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.. Consumers can also designate an authorized agent to exercise these rights on their behalf. Authorized agents should submit requests through the same channel.